See also 84. CLEANLINESS .
- a treatise on baths.
- the study of the therapeutic uses of various types of bathing; hydrotherapy. — balneologist, n. — balneologic, balneological, adj.
- an intense dislike of bathing.
- Ancient Rome. a room where hot baths were taken.
- the treatment of diseases through the use of water, whether internal or external, as whirlpool baths, compresses, or drinking mineral waters. Also hydrotherapeutics . — hydrotherapist, n. — hydrotherapeutic, hydrotherapeutical, adj.
- a 19th-century treatment of diseases by types of hydrotherapy, as warm or cold baths and walking barefoot in dewy grass.