These massages can be used as a powerful tool to help your body to rest up and to repair itself.
1. First pass your hands over the entire back, to detect tension.
2. Where you feel knots, massage with the tips of your thumbs, using repetitive motions (like kneading with your thumbs). Next, use circular, clock-wise motions, to get rid of tension.
3. With the tips of your thumbs, massage along the spinal column, using kneading motions to relax and relieve tension built up in the back.
4. Continue using the tips of your fingers on the shoulder blades, to get rid of knots.
5. Massage along the back, using gentle pressure to decongest the capillaries.
6. First rubbing motions; next, press with the fingertips of both hands along the shoulder blades.
7. A final relaxing exercise: open your index and middle fingers and run them along the sides of the spinal column. Repeat 20 times.
These massages can help to bring on sleep because they provide the following benefits that are related to rest:
- • Improve blood circulation and oxygen flow through the blood, which helps to eliminate toxins in the body.
- • Stimulate the release of endorphins, a substance that helps to bring a sense of well-being and helps to relieve aches and pains.
- • Reduce stress, fight against depression and low energy.
- • As with self-massages, relaxing massages can bring more than just physical benefits. When practiced regularly and with dedication, they can move energy to transform the conscience, clear the mind and improve the balance between the body, mind and spirit.