Are you excessively tired?
Getting tired is a natural symptom, which is a result of the process of using energy during the day for a number of daily activities. When you are excessively tired, it's good to take a look at your daily tasks and habits. There are also a number of natural remedies that can help to relieve fatigue.
+ Feeling tired at the end of the day is natural, and can even be a good feeling because it is an indicator that you need to rest and helps you to go to sleep. However, excessive tiredness tends to appear when you have trouble maintaining healthy habits: not getting regular sleep, not exercising regularly, eating an abnormal or unbalanced diet, smoking, not drinking enough liquids or not dedicating enough time to relax and have fun may cause excessive tiredness.
In order for you to recuperate your normal energy level it is fundamental to know how you could change your daily routine to readapt your lifestyle and incorporate healthy habits. In general, it's good to introduce physical exercise into your daily activities, make sure you stick to a sleep routine, eat a balanced diet, with plenty of nutritious foods that are a good source of energy, and stay away from nervous system depressants, such as alcohol and tobacco. Think about what you could change to achieve a more balanced, stress-free lifestyle.
There are also a number of multi-vitamin supplements and treatments that are very effective in fighting against tiredness when it is triggered by natural causes or lifestyle habits. In this case it is advisable that you take a higher amount of B complex vitamins (B 1 , B 6 , B 12 ). Vitamins with antioxidant properties, such as vitamins E and C, can also be effective. Multivitamin supplements contain essential amino-acids (magnesium combined with zinc) and other trace minerals such as magnesium and selenium that help your body recuperate when you are excessively fatigued.
OTHER TIPS IF YOU FEEL TIRED
It is important that you pay attention to symptoms of prolonged tiredness.
This means that even though you have a healthy lifestyle, tiredness persists or increases during a week's time. If you find that you feel fatigued for more than 15 days, it's important that you consult your doctor, because it can be a symptom of an illness. If there is no physical cause for prolonged-fatigue, then it may be advisable to see a psychologist because it might be caused by depression.
There is another type of fatigue that is worrisome: this occurs in the evening, after a day of normal, light activities and doesn't disappear after a regular night's sleep. When this occurs, medical attention is recommended.
TO PREVENT GETTING TIRED
To make sure that at the end of the day you aren't excessively tired we've compiled a list of tips so that you can enjoy your leisure time with loved ones:
- • Take brief breaks every two hours, especially if your are studying, doing any intellectual task, or working in front of the computer. Stretch out your legs, take a walk and whenever possible, rest your eyes and mind, focusing your attention on the landscape or the view from your room.
- • If you work in a closed-in workplace, try to make sure that the space is ventilated so you don't lack oxygen.
- • Work in silence or with soft music in the background. Often times, when flooding your sensory perception with information, it is best to avoid the noise of the television and radio or over-stimulating information, while you are working. It is also advised to limit the use of cellular phones.
- • Plan out the daily tasks that you need to complete, setting realistic deadlines for the day. This can help you to avoid the tensions that completely exhaust you by the end of the day.
- • Eat lunch far away from your workplace and don't take your work with you to lunch. Avoid phone calls and conversations about work during lunch.
- • Don't work more than eight hours a day. Reserve private time for yourself and to share with your family and loved ones. This will provide the comfort that you need to fully rest, recharge positive energy and start the next day energized and with enthusiasm.