Cancer - Prevention
Experts believe that the risk of getting cancer can be reduced by following some simple guidelines:
- Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits.
- Exercise vigorously for at least twenty minutes each day.
- Avoid excessive weight gain.
- Avoid tobacco, including secondhand smoke.
- Decrease or avoid consumption of animal fats and red meat.
- Avoid excessive amounts of alcohol.
- Avoid overexposure to sunlight.
- Avoid risky sexual practices.
- Avoid known carcinogens in the environment and workplace.