news.answers moderation problems

From: David Alex Lamb (dalamb@cs.queensu.ca)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 15:26:42 CST

I have dropped off the faq-maintainers@consensus.com list because of a
prolonged illness. I have asked a previous moderator of news.answers to
organize the training of the 5 new moderators who volunteered recently.
I will attempt to continue to participate in the transition as long as
anything remains in my head that isn't written down yet, but for many weeks
(until the new folks are up to speed) the backlog (since September 1999) will
continue to clear out only very slowly.

I should have bowed out months ago, and apologize to everyone I've
inconvenienced. However, part of my problem has been failure to recognize
when I'm out of my depth, even when it has been obvious to others.

I hope to return to news.answers moderation someday, but for the forseeable
future it will not be possible.