Re: Split Newsgroups line and faq-server

---------

Bill Wohler (wohler@newt.com)
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 14:22:29 -0800

Jess Anderson <anderson@macc.wisc.edu> writes:
> Wouldn't the mail user agent (or the editor it invokes) be the more
> likely culprit? I didn't think mail transfer agents diddled a message
> much other than Message-ID: From envelope line and a few other
> header lines (From: , Reply-To: etc.).

Ideally, MTAs do not muck with the body of a message, including the
header, although adding header fields such as Received is a good
thing.

Sendmail 8 can be configured to do quoted-printable encoding
since in many cases this is a good thing.

Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com>
Say it with MIME. Maintainer of comp.mail.mh and news.software.nn FAQs.