RE: Stupid Embarassing Newbie-Like Problem with the Approved: Line

---------

Earl Cooley III (shiva@io.com)
Tue, 13 May 1997 18:07:39 -0500

On Tuesday, May 13, 1997 12:09 PM, Justin Sheehy[SMTP:dworkin@ccs.neu.edu] wrote:
> "James Messer" <jtmesser@sprynet.com> writes:
> >
> > Here's the embaressing part; I have no idea how to get this onto the main
> > header of my newsreader. My main header looks like this:
[...]
> > Every line in this main header 'fits' into my Microsoft Internet Explorer
>
> There's your problem.
>
> I don't use a web browser for usenet, just as I don't use a fork to
> eat soup.
>
> Any decent news client will let you add arbitrary headers.

And people shouldn't use a text editor to read their e-mail and newsgroups?
Tell that to your average emacs fanatic; they'd probably be embarrassed
enough to sink through the floor to learn that they had something in common
with MSIE fans. heh.

--
\ | Earl Cooley III  *  shiva@io.com  *  <url:http://www.io.com/~shiva/>
 \| Online Liaison, the 55th Worldcon: LoneStarCon 2, Aug 28-Sep 1, 1997