Re: FAQ server access stats (was: To Whom It May Concern

---------

Peter J. Kappesser (pjkappes@mailbox.syr.edu)
Mon, 17 Jul 1995 01:27:16 -0400

Stephen P Potter <spp@peach.epix.net> replied:
>Also note that a number of groups point people to their FAQ home site (for
>example, almost everyone on comp.lang.perl.* mentions ftp.cis.ufl.edu,
>where I maintain the absolutely most recent version). This will also tend
>to throw off the calculations.

Umm, remember, folks, the person wanting the data was doing an item for
_Wired_ magazine... something folks will look at for maybe 30 seconds, say
"Huh!" and move on. I don't think they'll be worried about rigorous
accuracy. (And I do think alt.sex, alt.sex.wizards, and alt.sex.bondage will
make the top 10.)

--
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Unless you're careful, your fingers get
 all gooey."				-- "Forrest Gump", first draft