Subject: Re: How to post a FAQ through Winsock newsreader?
Author: techsupp@traffic.is at Internet
Date: 7/10/95 9:52 AM

> I can't seem to find a Winsock News reader that will allow me to post
> a message that already has the headers attached; they all want to
> separate the header of the message from the body, and invariably they
> treat the header as a set of discrete fields, with no room for pasting
> a whole set en-masse.

Exactly my problem. And it gets even more problematic with moderation than with
my FAQ maintaining, since I get my mail, and my submissions, in Windows, so
using Unix gets even MORE complicated.

The best I have found so far is WinVN. It's pretty good, and it allows you to
insert any header you can think of. Most of the are, unfortanately, in separate
boxes, but those who aren't you can just type or paste in at the top of the
text.

Earlier versions of WinVN let you paste all of the headers directly, but were
otherwise pretty useless. I guess I might be able to find one early version for
those interested.

--
Lennart Regebro, moderator comp.os.netware.announce.
Faq-maintainer GammaFax and Object-Fax FAQ.