Re: Ohio State HTML FAQ's

---------

John Lock (jlock@mindspring.com)
Thu, 6 Jul 1995 14:48:06 -0500

On 6 Jul 95, Ken Sall wrote:
>I also have tried to alert Tom Fine to the problem with the Ohio State
>FAQ to HTML conversion. My second message was sent yesterday; my first
>was about 10 days ago. If I hear anything, I'll post to
>faq-maintainers.
>
>Does anyone know another contact point re: OSU other than
>fine@cis.ohio-state.edu ?

Good luck to anyone trying to contact Tom. I've been trying to get a
response for almost 4 months now and haven't heard a peep. He's
running his mail through a filter so it's very probable you won't get
through unless you know the magic word(s).

FYI, here's the finger output on Mr Fine (I sent a FAX to the number
listed, no reponse from that either):

[128.146.8.50]
Login name: gcefine In real life: Tom Fine (GCE)
Directory: /n/canine/2/gcefine Shell: /bin/tcsh
Never logged in.
Mail last read Fri Feb 17 17:06:41 1995
No Plan.

Login name: bue In real life: Mr T Fine
Directory: /n/cookie/1/bue Shell: /bin/tcsh
Never logged in.
Mail last read Fri Feb 17 17:02:41 1995
No Plan.

Login name: wabifine In real life: Thomas A Fine
Directory: /n/building/0/wabifine Shell: /bin/tcsh
Never logged in.
No unread mail
No Plan.

Login name: pcfine In real life: Thomas A Fine
Directory: /n/building/0/pcfine Shell: /bin/tcsh
Never logged in.
No unread mail
No Plan.

Login name: fine In real life: Thomas A Fine
Directory: /n/monster/0/fine Shell: /bin/tcsh
Last login Thu Apr 6 15:17 on ttyp2 from humble.cis.ohio-
Mail last read Mon Jun 12 14:39:29 1995
Project: To finally graduate. Also ATS Networking Staff.
Plan:
O.K. They never did restore my .plan (see request 13931). I guess I'm
sort of over it. Here's info on me:

I work for Academic Technology Services (yet another new name coming soon
(I'm not kidding)). My office is in Baker systems Engineering, 406.
That's the main office - I'm in one of the cubicles there. Here's
the rest:

Thomas A. Fine
Academic Technology Services
1971 Neil Avenue.
Columus, OH 43210-1210

Email: fine@net.ohio-state.edu (email is preferred, as is this address).
Phone: (614) 292-4843
Fax: (614) 292-7081
WWW: http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~fine/

Schedule:
+-------+---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+
| Time | Monday | Tuesday |Wednesday| Thursday| Friday |
+-------+---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+
| 9:30 | | | | | |
| 10:30 | work | work | work | work | work |
| 11:30 | work | work | work | work | work |
| 12:30 | CIS 788 | work | CIS 788 | work | work |
| 1:30 | CIS 788 | | CIS 788 | | |
| 2:30 | | work | | work | work |
| 3:30 | work | work | work | work | work |
| 4:30 | work | work | work | work | work |
| 5:30 | work | | work | | |

788 takes place in 437 Bolz Hall. If you really need me, page me.
If you don't have my pager number, you don't really need me.

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

John

http://www.mindspring.com/~jlock/home.html