Publishing issues

---------

Bill Keyes aka the Ferret-Meister (bkeyes@lamar.ColoState.EDU)
Thu, 19 Jan 1995 19:25:41 -0700 (MST)

> From: "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk@cais.cais.com>
> If this becomes commonplace, who's to say who has the rights to
> write a FAQ for a specific group, and be paid for the work? Say, for
> example, I were to write a competing FAQ with the same topics as yours (I
> have no intention of doing this, don't worry) and offered it to the
> publishers for a lower price than that which they are paying you?

When I first wrote my FAQ, another person on the group wrote a "counter"
to it... I wrote them and told them I'd like to include theirs along with
mine in the monthly reposting. Now, the "anti-" FAQ is a major part of
what I post (one of 13 parts!)..

I don't write all of them anymore, I'm just in charge of making sure they
all fit the newsgroup, and with posting them.

Now there's a question... is there a larger FAQ than the alt.devilbunnies
FAQs? Currently stands at 2 FAQs, 11 appendices, with plans for 4 more
appendices in the works...

Bill.

* Bill Keyes /\ * bkeyes@lamar.colostate.edu *
* c////////=================|__|=> * "There is special providence *
* NoCoAnDeBHQ Commander & / \ * in the fall of a Bunny." *
* Bunny hunter Extreme <______> * -Shakespeare, Hamlet, V.ii. *