Re: How to retire as FAQ maintainer?

---------

Lani Teshima-Miller (teshima@uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu)
Mon, 24 Apr 1995 09:51:40 -1000

Bob wrote:
> I'm seriously considering handing over maintenance of the
> comp.text.frame FAQ. My current plan would be to post a message
> announcing such to comp.text.frame, and setting some
> requirements/guidelines for folks that want to apply to take over.
> Such things as:
>
> experience in subject good news feed
> decent editing skills impartial as possible
>
> Can anyone who has turned over a FAQ give me any other suggestions/ideas?

As the FAQ maintainer, I assume you know who the regular participants
are in the newsgroup. Also means you know how much time they spend
posting to the group, and how well they write. Before sending out a
general call, I suggest you contact those people privately to see if
they'd be willing to take it over. Besides the above points, you also
need someone who's gonna put in the time, knows enough about the
newsgroup, and is willing to be an active part in it--finding someone
who already fits the bill would be easiest.

Lani Teshima-Miller (teshima@uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.edu) "Sea Hare" o/ /_/_/
UH School of Library & Info Studies. "Whatever the cost of our o|<0_0>------*
libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant \=^-| |_| |
nation." -Walter Cronkite [R.a.b.bit--FAQ Maintainer: "Think Ink!"] \_B}\_B}