Re: Choosing Archive Names

---------

Terry Carroll (carrollt@netcom.com)
Tue, 20 Dec 1994 15:46:24 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 20 Dec 1994, Doug Krause wrote:

> I have a question to take our minds off the Walnut Creek
> dealings. How do you choose your Archive-name? My MASH
> and other television FAQs fit nicely into the tv hierarchy,
> but what if you have something that doesn't seem to fit
> anyway? What then?

Then don't put it within a hierarchy.

My FAQ was the first law-related FAQ, and was not in any hierarchy. When
a critical mass of law-related FAQs came into being (3 -- my own, Mark
Eckenwiler's Legal Research FAQ, and Erik Heels' Legal List), the RTFM
archivers moved mine into a law/ hierarchy and sent me an email asking
me to change the archive-name.

That seemed to work well.

--
Terry Carroll                    |
Santa Clara, CA                  |      Quayle/Bono in '96.