Re: generic2html, generic2ascii (fwd)

---------

Bernhard Muenzer (mue@gsf.de)
Fri, 9 Dec 1994 19:12:51 +0100 (MET)

Forwarded message:
From mue Fri Dec 9 19:09:00 1994
Subject: Re: generic2html, generic2ascii
To: pgreene@optics.rochester.edu (Pamela Greene)
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 1994 19:09:00 +0100 (MET)

pgreene@optics.rochester.edu (Pamela Greene) wrote:

> Tom Limoncelli <tal@plts.org> asked:
> > I would be willing to maintain my FAQ in some kind of structure
> > and run a generic2html and a generic2ascii program so-as to
> > generate the postable FAQ and the HTTP'able FAQ.
> >
> > Does anyone have something like this already?
>
> I do. It's a perl script, nicely modifyable, and it's even cleaned up
> and documented now. I'd be glad to send a copy to anyone who's
> interested.

It looks like quite a few FAQ maintainers have written their own scripts.
Since requests for these scripts come up frequently, we should find
a place to collect these scripts (my suggestion would be a directory
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu:/pub/faq-maintainers/scripts/) so every FAQ maintainer
can try them and pick the one that's best suited for his/her needs.

--

With best regards,

Bernhard Muenzer

GSF - Forschungszentrum fuer Umwelt und Gesundheit GmbH PUC Neuherberg Phone: +49-89-3187-2425 85764 Oberschleissheim FAX: +49-89-3187-3369 Germany e-mail: mue@gsf.de