Re: The FAQ system approaches obsolescence. What do we do n

---------

John Lock (jlock@mindspring.com)
Fri, 9 Dec 1994 09:27:56 +0000

On Thu, 8 Dec 1994 18:39:55 -0500 (EST), Eric wrote:
> From: "Eric S. Raymond" <esr@locke.ccil.org>
> Subject: Re: The FAQ system approaches obsolescence. What do we do now?
> Cc: faq-maintainers@MIT.EDU
<snip>
> No. But what happens when your newsreader is a Web client, or vice-versa?
> I'll bet my left nut that N eager hackers are building that one *right now*.
> I could do it myself in a week by bolting the WWW library to my newsreader.
<snip>

Already done in the Netscape WWW browser. It's not as full-featured as,
say, Trumpet. But that's only a matter of (a very short) time.

* John A. Lock | Advertising (n): the science of arresting the
* | human intelligence for long enough to get money
* Nonqua Permanens Est | from it. -- Stephen Leacock.