Re: The FAQ system approaches obsolescence. What do we do now?

---------

paj (paj@gec-mrc.co.uk)
9 Dec 1994 08:54:33-GMT

ESR wrote:

> This is a good point. I think we'll probably see several different
> approaches, including but not limited to:

> 1) Web browsers that speak NNTP.
>
> 2) Newsreaders that can detect HTML anchors and shell out to a Web
> browser.
>
> 3) Newsreaders that can detect HTML anchors and have integral
> browsing support via the WWW library.

Netscape is a WWW client that does all three. I don't normally use it
for News because as a Newsreader its not as good as WinVN, but its
a great browser.

--
Paul Johnson            | GEC-Marconi Ltd is not responsible for my opinions. |