Re: FAQ's published on CDROM

---------

Will Bell (wbb@netcom.com)
Fri, 2 Dec 1994 22:26:37 -0600 (CST)

Chris Holmes wrote:

> I received an email from someone claiming they had read my FAQ on a
> CDROM compilation. I asked for further details but haven't received
> a reply yet. Has anyone heard of such a publication? The copyright

Walnut Creek published a CDROM containing, among other things,
every FAQ on rtfm.mit.edu. They did this despite the fact that
many FAQ's (mine included) contained language to prohibit this.

They don't seem to find anything wrong with it, since they're only
charging for archival and production costs ($39.95). They will send
you a free copy of the CD if you complain to info@cdrom.com.

--
Will Bell -- wbb@netcom.com -- behind the wheel in Arlington, TX