9.3.1 Event Designators
An event designator is a reference to a command line entry in the
- Start a history substitution, except when followed by a space, tab,
the end of the line, `=' or `('.
- Refer to command line n.
- Refer to the command n lines back.
- Refer to the previous command. This is a synonym for `!-1'.
- Refer to the most recent command starting with string.
- Refer to the most recent command containing string. The trailing
`?' may be omitted if the string is followed immediately by
- Quick Substitution. Repeat the last command, replacing string1
with string2. Equivalent to
- The entire command line typed so far.
This document was generated
on May 3, 2002