Close-air support's new look: Strategic assets go tactical
The use of heavy bombers, B-1 and B-52, for close-air support (CAS) has gained widespread recognition due to technological advances in weapons accuracy and the confidence war planners. The details of technicalities of the B1 and B-52 bombers and the limitations of B-1 are presented among which the greatest limitation is the inability to positively identify ground targets.
Publication Name: Armed Forces Journal
Subject: Military and naval science
The stealth candidate
The Republican and Democratic Parties have largely ignored Perot and his Reform Party as a threat in the 1996 presidential elections. During the last election in 1992, Perot entered the race during the last month and won 19% of the votes. In 1996 he already has 14% to 19% of the voters polled.
Publication Name: The New York Times Magazine
Joseph L. Brandom
Metal sculptor Joseph L. Brandom was born in Terre Haute, IN, in 1949 and now operates a metal working studio in Baker, LA. He tries to put different nuances into his sculptures to entice the viewer to pick them up and feel them as well.
Publication Name: American Craft
Subject: Home and garden
- Abstracts: The 13th sign. New infrared camera improves U.S. Navy weapons testing
- Abstracts: Brooke at nite. Elements of a room
- Abstracts: The straw that stirs the shtick. Heracleum mantegazzianum Sommier & Levier
- Abstracts: The prima leatherina. Pearlstine of wisdom
- Abstracts: The fat-free family. Realignment ties pay to performance