Further validation of the QUALCARE Scale
The French version of the QUALCARE Scale designed to facilitate the identification of elderly victims of family-mediated mistreatment is comparable to the original instrument. However, extensive training is required before its use to achieve an acceptable level of inter-observer reliability. A measure of quality care is a valid indicator of the possibility of mistreatment. The scales of the instrument are sensitive to the various categories of mistreatment.
Publication Name: Journal of Elder Abuse & Neglect
The reluctant fat cat: having sold Excite for $6.7 billion, Joe Kraus, a co-founder, says making money is easier than learning to spend it
Joe Kraus will be worth approximately $51 million after At Home Network completes its Excite acquisition. He knows what it means to have a limited personal budget. Although he enjoys his new freedom to buy what he wants, he remains committed to giving careful consideration to purchases before he makes them.
Publication Name: The New York Times Magazine
Five members of the 1961 Kilgore Rangerettes at Kilgore College in Texas first reunited in 1987, after 24 years of separation. Since then, all five have been spending weekends together every year. They intend to have a reunion in April 1998 in Kilgore for the annual Rangerette Revels show.
Publication Name: Southern Living
Subject: Home and garden
- Abstracts: No regrets: he spent 40 years searching for a lost song, and found something to live by. Aprilia RXV 4.5
- Abstracts: State of the union: with Michael Romano at the stove, the Union Square Cafe makes a passage to India. A lesson for the court and for life
- Abstracts: The hunting of the grouse: now in season, the language of complaint, and a word that's akin to grouch. The keeper of the kingdom
- Abstracts: Why they deserve it: Michael Eisner is worth $200 million a year. Equilibrium formation of class action suits
- Abstracts: High on the hog: the military already has 50 more C-130's than it wants; so why did Congress appropriate $465 million this year to buy 7 more?