Is your doctor a fundholder?
Patients whose GPs are fundholders are getting a better deal than those who have non-fundholding GPs. Fundholding GPs have power to spend their budget as they feel fit. They can refer their patients anywhere. Their patients obtain hospital treatment more quickly than other patients. A significant 55% of fundholders believe it is an advantage to be able to buy in extra services.
Publication Name: Which?
Subject: Consumer news and advice
Keyboard virtuoso: art-case pianos are custom-designed instruments, and both old and new ones are building in popularity
Art-case pianos are enclosed in decorative artwork, often one-of-a-kind customized cases. They are now in demand. One of the oldest is from Florence from 1767 and has a tulipwood veneer. Steinway built a special piano as its 500,000th one in 1988. Possibilities for piano-designers now seem endless.
Publication Name: The New York Times Magazine
Fishwatching: getting know the angels
Angelfish are one of the most common types of fish encountered by fishwatching skin divers. There are 74 species of angelfish, most of which can only be distinguished through their color and patterns. A discussion of some of the commonly seen species of angelfish is presented.
Publication Name: Skin Diver
Subject: Sport, sporting goods and toys industry
- Abstracts: Fraternity reigns: the case for a society based not on rights but on unselfishness. The man who loved earthquakes
- Abstracts: Get over it: hangover remedies for the morning after. Viva Espana!
- Abstracts: By ginger! one of the rare spices that swing both sweet and savory. Music on disc
- Abstracts: Perot, alone: ignoring his advisers, bypassing campaign rallies and speaking mainly through television, Ross Perot is running a very lonely race
- Abstracts: The asteroids are coming! The asteroids aer coming!. Dissent!