Polish up on sustainability
Car ownership is rising rapidly in Poland, and there is now frequently severe traffic congestion in Warsaw. However, the country has a strong ecological movement, and planners and politicians are under great pressure to promote sustainable development. In Warsaw, the city council has recently passed a new transport policy which gives considerable emphasis to the need for sustainable development in the city. Particular attention will be given to reducing the use of energy and ensuring that transport as only a limit impact on the environment.
Publication Name: Planning Week
Subject: Engineering and manufacturing industries
Greed dot com: what's in a domain name? How about $500,000 - if you happen to be the first one to get there
World Wide Web domain names have become unusually valuable to individuals who want to sell them for an unusually high profit. Of greatest interest to buyers are names that are easy to remember. As use of the Internet increases, there may be legal ramifications for determining who `owns' or at least `possesses' a domain name and Web address. Currently there is a protocol for registering these names with various organizations, such as the American Association of Domain Names.
Publication Name: The New York Times Magazine
Use of pressure to treat hypertrophic burn scars
Pressure appears able to aid in the healing of severe burns by minimizing hypertrophic burn scars. Pressure garments, designed to be worn almost continously, can be custom-made to manage scar formation. Early scar management can be facilitated by special bandages and wraps. Concavity inserts may also be necessary. Patient education is essential for the success of long-term pressure therapy for burn victims.
Publication Name: Advances in Wound Care: The Journal for Prevention and Healing
Subject: Health care industry
- Abstracts: The needle trade: business is booming: but is this the kind of business a neighborhood deserves? The comeback kid
- Abstracts: The prisoner of beauty: what's it like to be captive to the world's most exquisite house. Is God in the classroom?
- Abstracts: Honey, what's your name again: Alzheimer's, sometimer's, halftimer's memory loss obsesses the over-50 set. Why CE marking is failing
- Abstracts: He's not heavy, he's my baby: I was a person of single carry-on-bags. Too many possessions made me feel as if I were anchored to the ground. And then my son arrived
- Abstracts: Exit laughing. The lovable beagle