Companies are now starting to acknowledge that a corporate fitness centre can have a very positive impact, both on employees' health and on communications within the company. Employees find that their motivation is boosted as they compete with colleagues, and they are brought together through a common interest. Some companies have seen an uptake of as much as 70% when they have installed fitness facilities.
Publication Name: Leisure Management
Subject: Travel industry
The second battle of Marathon
An overview is presented of the rural Bay of Marathon in Greece, with particular focus on the likely impact of the proposed plans for the 2004 Olympics to be located in the area. The region is believed to be that where the foundations of Western civilisation were saved.
Publication Name: National Geographic Traveler
Subject: Travel, recreation and leisure
Cutting their teeth: design luminaries recall the first room they worked on-their own
Six famous interior decorators share their experiences of the first time that they were allowed to remodel their child hood bedrooms. Their experiences differ, but all seem to have been happy to have been allowed the experience as children.
Publication Name: The New York Times Magazine
- Abstracts: The dream team: with their metaphysical belief in color, Tony and Tina are the new kids at the counter. Will they let the spaceships fly?
- Abstracts: Black and white together at Warmbaths Primary: in a rural South African school, the post-apartheid nation begins
- Abstracts: Riding the mo in the lime green glow: and other money-mad moments in the life of a day trader. The cable guy
- Abstracts: Women who cut their hair and the men who love them. Geoff Kern and the spaces in between
- Abstracts: Wait till next year: in an attic trunk, a family's tragic history is revealed - along with a lesson in healing